----- Original Message ----- From: "Igor Roshchin" <s...@komkon.org>

Christine: I am not sure yet how much I would be printing.
I suspect that if I bought a printer I would be printing much more than
I've done in the past few years since I switched to digital.
However, it probably won't be much enough to make it financially
reasonable. Rather, it will be a matter of convenience, so that I can
print one-two prints without collecting it for a bulk order from a lab.
This might become more important now since I moved to a small town in
the middle of Texas, - and I didn't find any reasonable lab in the
reasonable vicinity, - so I'll be restricted to mail-order labs.

That's why I am still on the fence.

Well, let me give you a little nudge :-) I think you should get a printer. I should have said this in my earlier post-- that is, having a printer has reinvigorated my connection to photography. Moreover, I once showed some prints to a colleague, and she said that it had been a long time since she had seen photographic prints--she had been mostly enjoying photos through the web. She said it was good to reconnect with the photographic print. Igor, the web is really great, but photographic prints are really, really great! :-). Hope this helps (get you off the fence :-)). Cheers, Christine

It looks like R2880 can be purchased today for $660 minus $150 MIR.
(and R1900 is $475 (minus the same $150 MIR), but I am leaning towards
R2880, as I like matte finish).