On Dec 19, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:

Well, let me give you a little nudge :-) I think you should get a printer. I should have said this in my earlier post-- that is, having a printer has reinvigorated my connection to photography. Moreover, I once showed some prints to a colleague, and she said that it had been a long time since she had seen photographic prints-- she had been mostly enjoying photos through the web. She said it was good to reconnect with the photographic print. Igor, the web is really great, but photographic prints are really, really great! :-). Hope this helps (get you off the fence :-)).

I'm with Christine on this too.

As nice as a projected slide show or still image presentation on a display can be, there is something tactile and immediate about a fine print that just womps them flat.

An AV presentation with well choreographed audio and such can be as emotionally stirring ... but it's a different experience, with a different syntax of expression, and does not lend itself to the same appreciation.

A good printer, capable of rendering those fine print experiences, is essential to the development of my photography.

Godfrey