On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Mark Roberts <msrobert...@ysu.edu> wrote:
> The Sigma DP2 has a 24mm f/2.8 prime (roughly the angle of view of 50mm on
> FF) and you can get an accessory optical viewfinder.
>
> The camera is about $650.00, though. Not available yet, but should be very
> soon. Amazon is accepting pre-orders:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W3429E?ie=UTF8&tag=cmrmrs-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001W3429E

It sure looks nice, but it falls well outside my "inexpensive"
requirement.  I basically want the digital equivalent of a Canonet.
It doesn't appear to exist.  And if it did it would probably cost at
least as much as the DP2.  Grr.

This really sucks.  I just want something simple that I can pull up to
my eye and then throw the photos out on the web when I get home.  But
all I see is chimp-approved plastic junk with smile recognition.  WTF
happened to cameras?  Am I the only person in the whole wide world
that doesn't want a zillion worthless features at the expense of
something functional?

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008