On 1/14/2010 3:34 AM, Sandy Harris wrote:
On 1/3/10, Carlos R<carlos_r...@teleline.es>  wrote:

Besides the excellent 16-45 that some people suggested, there is the FA
20-35. Small, AF and high IQ too, though you would have to look for a second
hand one.
That looks good but B&H and Amazon don't list it, and the one Hong Kong
dealer I've found with a web catalog (http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/)
want nearly $1000 US for it, 7500-odd HK vs about a third of that for the
16-45.

Was there ever an A or F version of this?

I've found some references to an M 20-35/3.5
(http://stans-photography.info/BriefComments.html#24-35%20mm%20f/3.5%20M)
but not anything between it and the expensive FA.

The FA 20-35mm is a very nice lens, but hardly worth $1000 USD or AUS for that matter. I think I paid ~$250 for mine brand new in box with US warrantee. I keep thinking that there's Gold in my lens collection. There was no A or F version of this lens.

Try http://www.keh.com they have one in stock for $299.00 listed as EX+. They usually grade very conservatively, I'd expect that it would be mint by any other company's standards.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}