On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The claim of "any environment" is the exaggeration.  If one goes below
> -10C, what about that environment, or what about extremely hot
> conditions?

As I've mentioned here, I visit Saskatchewan every winter and always
try to do a photowalk.  I've taken tons of pictures with both my
*ist-D and K20 at temperatures like -35°C and never had any trouble.
Normally, electronic circuits work just fine at arbitrarily cold
temperatures (not necessarily when they get too hot), so I'm wondering
if there are mechanical issues that could come into play at very cold
temperatures.  Otherwise, why would they provide a low-temperature
threshold?  -T