> I know it has umpty-ump seals and so forth, but all cameras
> are weather, dust and cold resistant because they're solid objects and
> 99+% of the body is impervious to water..  Water always follows the
> course of least resistance and typically that is down and off.
> Electronics and mechanisms tend to keep working UNTIL they
> are overcome by the temperature.

Olympus make some fairly strong claims about their weatherproofing:
<http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_E-3_Made_for_the_Extreme.htm>

Maybe all the non-sealed bodies are equally robust, but I wouldn't want to
test it on my own kit. My Leica M8 didn't even resist a splash of beer in a
pub, whereas my Olympus E-1 has frequently stood up to very long periods
(hours) of heavy rain.

Bob