From: Leon Altoff
John,

You make the points I was wanting to make, thanks for saving me the effort.

I would point out that even if it is your boss tha is making the
suggestion you can still argue with it (I have several times and often
win the discussion).  The boss always has the option to say "Do it
anyway.", but at least my concerns were raised.

Mind you Australians tend to be direct.

I've disagreed with bosses before. If they're wrong, they're wrong.

And I've done my share of following the bosses orders even when I knew they were wrong. Seems like the only time disagreeing with the boss comes back to haunt you is when you're right and he's wrong.

They'll forgive you if you screw up, but they *NEVER* forget, never forgive when they screw up by not following your suggestion.