That's not going to work on the M50 f1.7 or the FA 50 f1.4 without a step ring. The filter he want's is the one that came with the M 85mm f2 and M 100 f2.8. I use that one regularly with my 43mm limited. Be aware however the clips on that hood are made of "Mouser Hair"® I ended up destroying an old scratched up UV filter (HOYA by the way), and gluing it to the hood for the threads.