On 2010-02-27 15:32 , Christine Aguila wrote:
3c)  Folks who sympathize with the photograrapher are assuming the
photographer is telling the truth about him  *just out taking pictures,
minding his own business* and that he wasn't using his camera in an
"anti-social" manner (whatever that means--see point 3).  It occurred to
me that one could easily stage this kind of event--a kind of set-up
entrapment--contrive events to provoke behavior of others.

please don't tell me what i assumed; my take on it comes from the taped interaction, and the narration didn't make much difference to me; even if he intentionally provoked the situation, the cops didn't handle it with the aplomb that should be expected of them

and yes, it bugged me that he didn't show his face, but the guy is protecting his privacy, which is the right he was defending in the first place; that's a red herring