If I were casing for a terrorist attack I wouldn't be using an SLR, I either use a Cell Phone camera or the biggest baddest looking Video camera I could find complete with support truck and assistants, and try to look like an indie film crew. I doubt the cops would hassle either. Your tax money is as completely wasted on this as ours is on what we "laughingly" call airport security.