A couple of updatesI got my Katz-Eye screen diald in on my K7.
The stock screen comes with a .4mm shim, apparently this is standard, I foundthat a .2mm shim was the best one.
I tested this with a 50/1.2 lens at f/1.2.
So, if anyone is thinking of installing a Katz Eye into their K7, probably don't buy an entire shime set, I expect that if one gets the shims from .15mm to .3mm (they come in .05mm increments) then you will have one that will work.

And, my 60-250 came back last week. It seems to work, and was gone somewhat less time than I thought it would be gone for. As a recap, the SDM died on it so I sent it to Pentax Canada, via my local pusher. Pentax Canada then shipped it back to Japan where the repair was done.
In all it took something like 7 weeks to do the repair.

William Robb