On 29 March 2010 02:27, William Robb <war...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A couple of updatesI got my Katz-Eye screen diald in on my K7.
> The stock screen comes with a .4mm shim, apparently this is standard, I
> foundthat a .2mm shim was the best one.
> I tested this with a 50/1.2 lens at f/1.2.
> So, if anyone is thinking of installing a Katz Eye into their K7, probably
> don't buy an entire shime set, I expect that if one gets the shims from
> .15mm to .3mm (they come in .05mm increments) then you will have one that
> will work.

That's good, important info, William. Is your AF in tune with the
manual focusing? I imagine that having a camera with AF adjust for
individual lenses plus shims for the focusing screen means that as
long as the mirror is close to proper alignment one can obtain a
correctly adjusted camera at home without needing to send it out for
repair if the mirror isn't spot on.

I understand this doesn't matter to some folks who prefer not to touch
the inside of a camera, but to DIY types like myself it's great.

What Katzeye screen do you have? Given your 50mm f/1.2 I assume you
bought it for manual focusing. When the K-8 (or whatever it's called)
is announced I'll decide whether to buy it or pick up a cheap (at that
point) K-7. Either way I'll be buying a Katzeye screen from the onset;
I have too much nice manual-focus glass that doesn't get enough use on
my K10D due to viewfinder woes.

Cheers,

 --M.

--