In a manor of speaking, but based on the optics what you'll see will be the center 2/3 of the frame you'd normally see, and if you compare it to the view through say an LX, it will 2/3 the size you'd be used to. Now I don't remember which film cameras you were using, if you mentioned it, but if it was the a ME, MX or LX the view will be quite tunnel like. On the other hand if it were a MZ/ZX series camera it won't suffer so much by comparison. The other Pentax cameras will fall somewhere in between.