On 7/12/2010 9:14 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

Jerry,

Actually, soccer (along with tennis) is a sport where professional
athletes have the most balanced bodies
Most other sports feature (or favor) certain body disproportions to
various degrees.

Arguably, that is what attracts many female viewers (for the men's
games).

Igor

Igor, could it be that you're confusing the general training that various athletes perform for their game? You see, I played tennis a lot when I was a student. Just for fun, really. Say, I played 2-4 times a week throughout several years, and each time it was between 1 and 2 hours. I developed tennis elbow and my right hand (around the elbow area, for lack of proper term) became visibly bigger than the left one. If you consider the body movements of the game of tennis you will see that it is highly asymmetrical sport. Perhaps swimmers have more balanced bodies as it is said that swimming helps to offset the damage that tennis has on one's body.

Boris