very true. I still look at all of those shots I took in India with the DS and
the FA 20-35 and don't think "if only I had another camera".
-----Original Message-----
From: "Brian Walters" <supera1...@fastmail.fm>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:52:34
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: It ain't like it used to be.

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:00 -0700, "John Celio" <n...@neovenator.com>
wrote:
> I noticed something recently: there is not *nearly* as much discussion
> of new Pentax cameras as there was just a few years ago here.  I
> remember threads going for weeks when new products were announced, but
> that seems to have been reduced to days or even hours sometimes.  It got
> me wondering:
>
> Are we generally happy enough with current cameras that new models
> aren't worth getting excited about?  Has the dSLR market reached a point
> where new models are pretty much more of the same, with few real
> innovations appearing with each new model, and thus don't warrant much
> discussion?
>
> Or are we all just holding our tongues until Pentax comes out with with
> either a 35mm-sensor'd or mirrorless body?  These two camera categories
> seem to elicit the greatest response these days, even though we're
> invariably talking about other brands and wishing out loud.
>
> Just some things I've been wondering about.

Yes, I think it's pretty hard for manufacturers to get the 'WOW' factor
into their new releases these days.

I'm using a K200D with no plans for upgrading in the short term (I
haven't even finished reading the manual yet, 2 years down the track
:-)>  ).  Yes, I'd like live view and higher ISO performance but, when I
look at what I can do with it compared to my last film SLR, I think I
can live without those extra features.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters