On 10/6/2010 7:26 PM, Chris Mitchell wrote:
That's very useful Boris, thanks. I use Jalbum for all of my galleries and
was going to give this a try. I will now.

You're right about the customisation - my experience is that they develop
things quickly.

Cheers, Chris

Chris, please hold your horses for a brief moment. I'd like to measure the pictures in my book to give you and others exact dimensions for saving the images.

Did yesterday brief and non-scientific comparison of "PDML 2010" versus JAlbum book. Few points:

1. JAlbum book is slightly bigger but of the same general layout (landscape, about A4 in size)

2. JAlbum book is printed with white background which some may or may not like. Probably this is customizable, but I for birthday present I thought white was more appropriate.

3. Naturally being more professional than I and having experience in this matter since "PDML 2009", Mark has applied very accurate amount of sharpening so that PDML images look crispy (for lack of better word). Mine are less so, because I did not play with it yet. I am certain however, that this can be taken care of completely.

All in all, I am very positive about my first book experience. I plan to do more.

Chris, and others, if you make more JAlbum books and gain interesting insight as to how to prepare the images for their printing, please share this information on the list.

Thanks.

Boris