I haven't seen the curve tool, yet. But that's not to say it isn't in there. But, I do like the organizer in it. I'm sure it's not at the level of Lightroom, but it's certainly beyond anything Picasa has to offer. It's going to take some getting used to, as there seems to be a fairly steep learning curve in moving from Picasa to Elements. But, it does have a lot of the editing options that Photoshop 7 has, albeit with slightly less fine controls.

I figure I can do the bigger part of my DNG editing in Elements, and then kick it over to 7 after I've converted it to .jpg format for any of the more intricate work. I haven't tried bringing any of my old plug-ins over, yet. I suspect the majority of them won't be supported, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

-- Walt