On 11-03-18 3:27 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I upgraded the memory on my iMac 27 to 12 gigs. I did it mainly to get more
memory for PhotoShop for things like noise reduction, which can be poky, due (I
think) to scratch disk involvement. The computer reports 12 meg of memory and
says its okay, but PhotoShop still sees only 4 megs -- what I had before. Do I
have to reinstall PhotoShop to get it to see the new memory? I've tried
restarting both computer and PhotoShop to no avail.

Paul

Which version of PS? I believe you need CS5 running under Snow Leopard to see that much RAM. You also *may* have to tweak a startup setting to convince PS to run in 64-bit mode by default, though I don't recall having to do that.

-bmw