Thanks for reminding me J.C.O..

Patricia, my soon to be wife and I had gone and watched the Washington D.C.
Bicentennial Fireworks from the top of the hill in Arlington National Cemetery.
A fantastic evening, culminating in a party during which the Colonel in charge
of "The Colony" asked my bride to be to serve as his assistant. Which
ultimately allowed her to leave home and move to Frederickburg, then marry me
later that same year!

On Mar 18, 2011, at 11:43 , J.C. O'Connell wrote:

> All I remember about '76 was going to see a great July 4 fireworks
> display at Ft Lauderdale beach for the bicentennial celebration.
> They had barges achored out on the water launching them off.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

http://gallery.me.com/jomac