On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

> Why?
>
> That's just a justification for built-in obsolescence to satisfy the
> manufacturers, not the consumers.

While it would be nice for a camera to last forever, I don't see much
to complain about in relation to the days of film.

My K10D is 4 years old. It still works fine. I want a K-5, but only
because the K-5 is better, not because the K10D is any worse than when
I got it.

In the 4 years I've had my K10D, I estimate that I would have spent
about $3,000 in film and processing to take the same number of
exposures on film. So if my K10D dies today, why should I complain
about the cost of a new body?

If periodic replacement/upgrade of digital bodies isn't cheaper than
shooting film, then either you're spending too much on the bodies
(*cough* Leica *cough*) or you're not taking enough pictures (*cough*
collectors *cough*).