On Apr 12, 2011, at 7:58 PM, Jim King wrote:

> This blog post by Erwin Puts rang a few bells for me, and I suspect it will
> for some of you as well:
>
> http://www.imx.nl/photo/page152/page152.html

I find that his writing displays neither professionalism, nor craftsmanship.

Like others, I disagree with his definition of professionalism, and would
describe it as doing a job that is good enough, without wasting too much time
or resources on doing it better than it needs to be.

> Puts is a Leica guy but they used to say that Pentax is the Japanese Leica...

The stereotypical Leica owner does have a reputation for being a Puts, though
it's usually spelled a little differently.