On May 17, 2011, at 2:19 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:

> On 11-05-17 4:40 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
>> This afternoon I saw some foxglove in my yard, something I'd never seen
>> before.  Then I was killing some time with my camera this evening and got
>> some flash photos of some flowers on Pacific avenue.  I kind of like what
>> you can do with a flash when taking pictures of flowers in the rain.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/5729671392/in/set-72157626740427336/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/5729032105/in/set-72157626615627283/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/5729030113/in/set-72157626615627283/
>>
>> --
>> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est
>
> A fine macro of the foxglove bloom.
>
> The other two are lit much too harshly for my taste.

Thanks for the feedback.  I thought of pulling my lumiquest diffuser/softbox
out, but was feeling too lazy.

> Is it raining over *all* of NA then?  I thought it was just us.  Rain and
> overcast may make for good photography but it's ruining my subjects. I wanted
> to shoot our big Kanzan cherry but the rain is causing the blooms to droop
> unattractively and they are all about to fall off. Rats.

I've got about 30 people showing up here for a dance camp in just over a week.
I have a lot of work/construction that needs to be done outside.  The rain is
rather an annoyance.

I also hope that the tarps are keeping those seven bags of premixed concrete
dry.