Thanks for the comments!

Yesterday, I attended the "workshop reunion" annual party. This is a
gathering of photographers who've taken workshops with Brigitte
Carnochan (http://www.brigittecarnochan.com/) over the years ... I
participated in one of her exhibition workshops (the "Foto Nova 19"
show in 2009). Attendees usually bring some of their current work to
share. Since I hadn't made many prints of the Communicating series
yet, I decided to try an idea I've been toying with ... I printed 11
very small images onto heavy paper about 3x4 inches in size (with big
borders!) and tipped them into a pocket-sized Moleskine fan-fold note
pad. "Communicating" was written on the cover and the prints were
presented on the table with an 8x magnifying loupe to allow viewing
them in detail. My hope was that the small size and loupe invltes an
intimacy and closeness with the photos that draws a viewer "into" the
series in a way that exhibition sized prints in a folio or gallery
generally does not.

Overall, I think the concept is a smashing success. I got so many
complimentary comments, both on the photos and on the presentation, I
think I gained three hat sizes. Temporarily, of course. ;-)

Now that I see how well it worked with the viewers, I'll figure out a
better way to make these little books ... as a prototype of the idea,
it was successful, but tipping in small prints is tedious and the
standard binding of the Moleskine note pad limits how many prints can
be included in a set too much. I'd like to do more of these with about
20 to 30 images, but there has to be a way to produce them in small
numbers and to a higher quality standard that is more efficient.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com