It hardly seems to likely to have made a difference. There's no shortage of oil or gasoline at the moment. But there is no shortage of uncertainty about the Middle East which puts a lot of uncertainty into the oil markets.

On 7/16/2011 6:56 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
Just filled the tank the other day. Price seemed lower.
This thread made me curious, so I pulled the price per gallon out of
my Prius tracking database and plotted it from August 2006 to the
present:

http://homepage.mac.com/godders/gasoline-price-monthly-2006-2011.jpg

That shows the average monthly pump price I've paid per month since I
bought the Prius. The trend line definitely shows that it's rising,
but it swings up and down much more wildly than the trend line's
steady increase might suggest.

I don't think I'm seeing swings quite that wild, although I don't really have the time to graph it right now, so I can't really say for sure. I've got a fairly good logs of my gasoline purchases since 1981. I started keeping them in a spread-sheet in 2005.

Someone else posted that the Federal Government released oil from the Strategic Oil Reserve, and I think that might be what caused the dip I noticed. A little Google produces the following correlations:

1. They released 30 million barrels of oil.
2. The US uses about 2 million barrels per day.
3. The slight price decline lasted for around 15 days.

-----
No virus found in this message.

Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.