Thank you, Frank!

We do have bugs aplenty -- loads and loads of butterflies, most of which are too quick an nimble for me to photograph. I've seen quite a few gorgeous ones that I just couldn't keep up with. I'll be glad when the mimosa tree in the front yard finally blossoms, as it attracts swallowtails galore.

Thanks again!

-- Walt

On 4/19/2012 8:45 AM, knarftheria...@gmail.com wrote:
Wow, the varieties of butterflies, other bugs and flora in your neck of the
woods is amazing, and your photos of them are spectacular.

I think this may be your best set yet.

Cheers,
frank

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." --
Christopher Hitchens

--- Original Message ---

From: Walt Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
Sent: April 18, 2012 4/18/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: GESO: The Seven-Mile Photowalk - 4/18/2012

Hi all,

I'm pretty damned tired. I figured after putting in five miles
(give-or-take) yesterday without even a muscular twing, a little longer
stroll couldn't hurt. Well, I'm here to say it does hurt -- at least in
the feet and legs. But, it was a nice day and a little ibuprofen seems
to have taken the edge off the aches.

I took the same-ol' same-ol' out for a walk today (K20D with A-50/1.7
and K-x with Promaster 70-300)-- off one of my regularly beaten paths
down I road I've never walked before. I did get some decent shots, so I
figure it was worth the effort. There are 14 in the set, if you care to
have a look:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157629484721048/

Comments, critiques and suggestions are all eagerly welcomed.

Thanks!

-- Walt