Paul, I very much appreciated your comments. I didn't use gaussian blur, I used
the clarity slider in LR4. Bruce also asked about the softening. This is the
first time I have used that control to soften, so I may have gotten a little
heavy handed with it on some of these shots. I reduced it a little on 082 and
also followed your suggestions on burning and exposure. I have updated the
posts
on Flickr with these changes. All post work on these shots was done with LR4.
David and PJ, what can I say?

Thanks all

Ted
 "The eye of the viewer becomes the eye of the Photographer." Albert Maysles