> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Mark Roberts
>
> Bob W wrote:
>
> >> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf
> >> Of Mark Roberts (Also, sharpness and shutter speed can be a trade-
> off
> >> too if you're trying to get motion blur from long shutter speed. I
> >> run into this problem when shooting waterfalls and such and I'm
> >> forced to stop way down to f/22 - another reason I'm wishing for a
> >> DSLR with *lower* ISO settings.)
> >>

> >ND filters
>
> ...are a pain in the arse. Dark viewfinders suck. Composing, focusing
> and then attaching the ND filter also sucks. What would be cool would
> be an ND filter that went behind the reflex mirror and in front of the
> sensor.

drop-in ones are a lot easier to use than screw-mounted ones. If you're
shooting blurry waterfalls then your camera is on a tripod or similar so you
can compose and focus, then drop the filter in without disturbing anything.
It also makes you look from a distance as if you're using a dark slide, so
people will think you're a proper photographer.