On 6/21/2012 6:26 AM, Jack Davis wrote:
Works for me, Walt. Foreground has great detail and , while busy, I don't find
the background to be a problem.
Thanks, Jack!

It's tough not to get a fairly busy background when that mimosa tree is in full blossom. It's a pretty garish bit of flora.

-- Walt

Jack Davis________________________________
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jackdavis
http://www.photolightimages.com/

----- Original Message -----
From: Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:24 PM
Subject: PESO: Mimosa Buzz

First off, apologies for the horrible pun of a title.

Now, onto the photo. I took it today at the mimosa tree in my front yard. I did
some experimenting to see what kind of setup I need. I would've liked the bee
to have been a bit sharper, but I though maybe the blur would lend a sense of
motion. Just not sure if it works.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/7412081522/
K20D, Promaster 70-300/4-5.6, ISO 400, 1/400, f/8

I'm guessing I'm going to have to bump up the ISO and shutter speed enough to
compensate for another aperture stop at f/9 to get a little more DOF.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions anyone has to offer.

Thanks!

-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List