On 6/21/2012 12:25 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Walt Gilbert

First off, apologies for the horrible pun of a title.

Now, onto the photo. I took it today at the mimosa tree in my front
yard. I did some experimenting to see what kind of setup I need. I
would've liked the bee to have been a bit sharper, but I though maybe
the blur would lend a sense of motion. Just not sure if it works.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/7412081522/
K20D, Promaster 70-300/4-5.6, ISO 400, 1/400, f/8

I'm guessing I'm going to have to bump up the ISO and shutter speed
enough to compensate for another aperture stop at f/9 to get a little
more DOF.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions anyone has to offer.

Thanks!

Nicely done. Great separation of the bee & the flower from the background.

The flower is beautiful, but it is a mistake to plant a mimosa tree next to where you park your car.

Thanks, John. Fortunately, it's near the end of the driveway, so that's not an issue. Between the fallen blossoms and the wealth of birds they attract, they do tend to create a mess.

-- Walt