On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:55 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> From: Bruce Walker

>>> Good point, they've got more details there. ?It's weird that they
>>> have separate speedrings for alienbees and for white lightnings,
>>> and other companies don't.
>>
>> Maybe they just wanted to reduce confusion by listing both even
>> though they are aliases for the same thing.
>
> Are you sure about that? AlienBees and White LIGHTNING are manufactured by
> the same company, but I
> don't think they use the same speed-ring. Especially if you have older
> models.

That's the thing John, I'm not sure about it at all--just postulating.
Paul C Huff's site describes backwards compatibility in their models,
but that doesn't necessarily mean forward compatibility too.

I guess we'll only know for sure if somebody who owns a bunch of Huff
flashes and 3rd-party modifiers speaks up. :-)

--
-bmw