I did all of the printing for two editions of an Atlas of Parasitology while
still a graduate student at Tulane. It took some convincing for me to get the
two authors (old guys) to use Ektachrome instead of Kodachrome. At the time,
New Orleans had the best color lab in the USA (Primary Color), and getting
slides developed in an hour with no greenish hue did it.

My biggest challenge was getting the plastic print drums absolutely clean
between procedures. As I recall, it involved ammonia, detergent, my bathtub,
and a rinse in Orbit bath to get the drums totally clean.

Regards,

Jeffery
Jeffery Smith
Irish Channel, New Orleans, LA