Thanks Godfrey,
I would think, if I can fill the frame with a reasonable sharp insect, it would be sharper with SR on. Pictures of insects in action cannot aleays be done with a tripod.Other means for stabilization are used by me, like elbows on the ground. At first sight I would think that a minor shake with small angle of view of macro will give the same blur on the sensor as a larger shake with a 400mm tele. Maybe the problem is that the Pentax system can not handle "minor shake", due to shake sensor sensitivity or noise.
Greetz Jos