There was a Makinon 300mm reflex, f5.6 as I recall.  I almost bought
one second hand around 1990 and got as far as taking some test shots
in the shop which were impressive.  Alas, another purchase took
precedence and I let it pass.  It'd be quite old now but if you found
a clean example (refexes are a bit susceptible to fungus in my
experience) it would be worth a look.  It's compactness is amazing, it
is hardly bigger than a 50mm lens, probably smaller than a Canon 50mm
lens.

Here's a link to some comments about it:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/makinon-300mm-f5-6-mirror-lens.html
Apparently there's a fair bit a of quality variation from sample to
sample, but you shouldn't pay much for one so it could be worth the
risk.  FWIW, I was at first disappointed with my Tamron SP500 reflex
that I got in 1988, but it sharpened considerably after I put a good
UV filter up front, the only lens I've had that result from (every
other lens takes a tiny hit in sharpness when you use a UV filter).

regards, Anthony