The prices do seem to vary a bit, although the new M43 version is around $400,
so maybe that was the baseline the seller used. As it turns out I found a
Quantaray one last night that cost me $195 plus shipping and if Joe finds his
Celestron I might grab that one too and sell of whichever is the worst
performer.

FWIW, this is what I have been using them for:
http://www.paulewins.com/PSC/semester_4_creative/index.html

These really need to be seen as large as possible - they look best when
projected and when I printed them I went to A2 which is much as my printer can
handle.

Paul