It's Art.  What can I say?

"Lockheed Lounges" have topped $US 2 million, when the greenback was
still riding high.  The example I've seen was in a glass case,
probably so the kiddies wouldn't climb all over it.  There's only
fifteen of them, so the world isn't being denied any meaningful amount
of sitting space.

If you do a Google image search for "art furniture" you'll find a lot
of stuff meant for looking rather than using, and I guarantee there
will be something in the search results for everyone to hate.  I
suspect that an unspoken but essential quality of all art is that
somebody, somewhere, must hate it.

regards, Anthony