On 07/03/2013 10:21 AM, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Thu, Mar 07, 2013, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
My partner is looking for a new PC.  It is impossible to find one
without Windows 8.  Take it o9r leave it.  Microsoft forces the PC
manufacturers to sell new computers only with Windows 8, and most PC
users lack the time and information to do anything byt accept what
they are offered and suffer through it.
This seems to be factually incorrect:

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=svo27p1&model_id=vostro-270&c=us&l=en&s=soho&cs=ussoho1

Not to mention the option of getting a Linux box....
When I was looking for a laptop for my wife, to replace the one that I bought in 2004, I was unable to get a Win7 box from the company I prefer to do business with (NCIX.com) I ended up getting a Win8 machine and putting a skin on it so that it emulates WinXP. It seems to work, and neither my wife no I are geeky enough to care about what's going on inside the thing.

bill