Judging by the replies to my question, the one major shortcoming that
would be addressed by going to full frame is that it would be a larger
viewfinder that would make focusing easier.

Full frame would also increase the ability to crop a salvageable image out of the origial capture.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: What are the shortcomings of your gear?

Judging by the replies to my question, the one major shortcoming that
would be addressed by going to full frame is that it would be a larger
viewfinder that would make focusing easier.
Conversely, for the same Field of View, we would be using longer lenses
which would make focusing that much more critical.
I suspect that autofocus position accuracy might be improved because
there would be room for more AF points, or conversely, they could be
physically further apart.

It seems that a full frame camera would have the potential give us
incrementally better image quality photos, but I don't think that it would save
many photos that would otherwise be lost with an APS sensor.

Mind you, unless there is some majorly craptastic problem with them,
I'll be placing my order about as soon after they are available as
I can afford one, and I am pretty certain there isn't a huge design flaw.

It is also interesting that for a large number of our members, going
to a camera which happens to have a smaller sensor has enabled them
to get a lot of photos that they would have otherwise missed with an
APS DSLR (if only because they had the smaller camera with them).

I will say that going back and looking at photos taken on film has been
very educational.  So many photos that 20 years ago I was perfectly
happy with, barely pass my current standards of technical acceptability.