On 16/04/2013 9:39 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:
Peter, I have to humbly suggest a different opinion on this sad matter.

The object of terror is not to frighten people. Well, it is indeed, but it is the immediate effect. There is much more sinister, more long lasting secondary effect. It is that of division of the society into several (usually two major) groups. Each act of terror furthers the divide and eventually the society starts chewing on itself from within, so to say. This is when things get really horrible.
Look at the political polarization in the USA right now and tell me they aren't on their way to horrible.

To my American friends, from one neighbor to another, and one friend to another, I really don't have the words to express how sad I am for these terrorist events happening on your soil. Please accept my sympathy, for what it is worth to you, and please, stay strong, and stay sane.

bill