I could also check with the Pentax Camera utility that came with the K5
If I can add a lens in LR, can I also correct some lens names? I have some lenses called "Sigma or Tamron lens" in LR.

greetz Jos

On 7-6-2013 13:28, Gerrit Visser wrote:
Have you checked with something such as Exif tool? If the info shows there
and not LR, then you might have to use a hex editor to modify cameraraw.dll
to 'add' the lens. I had to do that for my Sigma 18-250 HSM lens. Also had
to add a lens profile to Camera Raw.

Gerrit

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Jos from Holland
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2013 6:39 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Pentax K5 does not recognize Sigma 8-16 lens

Dear group,
I aquired the Sigma 8-16mm lens for use on my K5.
I noticed that the camera does not show any lens name in the metadata info
in Lightroom (version 4.4) and the focal length is only mentioned down to 10
mm, 9 and 8 is blank.
Camera SW version is 1.14, (the latest)
Is this a camera problem or a Lightroom problem?

Greetz, Jos

follow the directions.