From: steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>
Sent: June 7, 2013 6/7/13
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Why are Apple such a bunch of twats?

on 2013-06-07 16:22 Bob W wrote
> Why is it that when I want to download a FREE app, they insist on my Apple
> id, and on verifying my credit card details?

a pain i agree, but it's part of the deal

it needs your account because it gives Apple proof that you've agreed to the
license (even if free, there's a license), because it sets the DRM so the app
will run on your device, and it gives you the ability to add that app to
multiple devices (e.g. if the price goes up in the future, you can still put
the app on a new phone without charge)

the credit card details have only come up for me when a card is expired