Jack - it was Steven's tragedy not mine - scroll dowwwwn

ann

On 9/16/2013 08:04, Jack Davis wrote:
Sorry, Ann. Possibly a credit card backed guarantee?

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: OT: speaking of computer tales of woe...

In this case being thick headed probably not as bad as being THIN headed
- condolences!  I'd have been in tears -

ann

On 9/15/2013 21:53, Steven Sharpe wrote:
So I blew a piece of my savings and bought a nice new computer: an iMac
3.2gz/8gb/1tb/27". It arrived on Thursday, and I spent much of that day and Friday
setting up and configuring. By Friday night I had it pretty much the way I wanted it, so
I shut it down. I then decided to move it slightly closer to me on my desk. I leaned
forward and pulled it towards me…whereupon I learned that the 27" iMac is rather
top-heavy. It toppled over and hit me on the top of the head. There was a noise as the
glass front over the display cracked and split…and I got a bunch of glass shards embedded
in my head. After cleaning my bloody head up, I tried to start the computer…and it booted
just fine. Everything works, including the display, though the glass over it is full of
cracks.

Had it less than two days...

I am taking it in to the local Apple service dealer on Monday or Tuesday for
repairs.

Geez. This is what I get for being so thick-headed!