The article just tickled my funny bone. I fully expect "Useful
Photography Tip #69" to consist of "F8 and be there."

On 9/16/2013 7:22 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
I never heard of zone focusing as a term until you guys started bandying
it about..

I used to read photo mags a lot in the 70's and 80's but I never
actually took any courses whatsoever in photography or printing or
what not.. Never even read the Ansel bible... so how exactly does
"zone focusing" differ from what I did when looking only at the
barrel of my lens and making those critical numbers line up for
maximum depth of field while shooting fast enough (shooting TRI-X or
with the digital camera set at F 8 and 3 meters ? )

Or were you juat nailing the writer for explaing that manual focusing
for street shooting was good and we all know that anyway?

ann