On 9/24/2013 3:32 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
Quoting Mark C <pdml-m...@charter.net>:

Nice shot.... What kind of birds? Red headed house hunters?

Catchy name!

They're Galahs - a medium sized cockatoo and very common. They're expanded their range since European settlement.

Interestingly, the term "galah" is a somewhat derogatory term when applied to humans - as in "you stupid galah" when someone does something idiotic. It's usually expressed in a joking manner and is rarely regarded as an offensive term.

In the USA we use 'turkey' in sort of the same fashion - though as I type that I'm thinking its only old farts like me that would use that expression!

Mark