Oh, the reason is pretty simple, Cotty.

You see, Pentax is all but virtually non-existent in Israel. You have to actively want to break barriers to buy Pentax. Newly announced cameras arrive with months of delay here. The international warranty means nothing to local service centers. To get your camera serviced by Karat (the one I've been praising) - you either have to be in close vicinity of Big Tel Aviv or you even have to pay to messenger service to have it delivered there. Or you have to deal with shops with rather gray reputation(*).

Ultimately, being a Pentax owner means that from the start you have to overcome some very serious inconveniences and/or silly logistical issues.

In fact, I wouldn't recommend Olympus and/or Panasonic too. I mean I would, but I would repeat time and again that the person who asked for my advice would have to start by figuring out who's giving the service and what do people say about that specific company.

If I lived in Great Britain, France or United States - then I would certainly give a different answer.

(*) A friend of mine bought Canon outfit from one such shop. We went for shoot. Focus was all over the place, the exposure was decidedly over-burned too. I suggested to him that he requests for his gear to be serviced. Ultimately they said that the camera and lenses were withing specified tolerances... Bullshit, if you ask me.