First - I'm pleased, that so many want to contribute to answering my questions.

Secondly: 10 or 15 years ago I'd tell a beginner, that it is easy to get
excellent second hand lenses for Pentax K-mount.
But that's not quite true anymore.

((I've been looking for a Sigma 100-300 EX 4.0 for months - impossible to find
one for Pentax.
And some focal lengths, made by Tamron, are not offered for Pentax at all :-(
I can buy new Pentax lenses, but they seem to be quite expensive - and the best
ones are hard to find second hand)).

So, today I'm not so sure anymore about what to say to beginners.

But I actually have friends and famuily members, that have chosen Pentax
because of my photographs :-)
I guess that the best advertising is showing fine photographs. Remember the
Pentax (67) calendar ??

I geuss the new AA filter is a uniqe feature, not offered by other brands.
And I think Pentax bodies gives me more features/better ergonomics and user
interface, at lower cost.

I guess I own perhaps 50 lenses or more for Pentax K-Mount.
So, I could never afford to change brand myself, unless I have to (Pentax goes
belly up - or I win the lottery can afford to get Phase One equipment).

And Yes, the mentioned kult status - and the fine forums, like the PDML, is
quite a uique Pentax thing too :-)

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.