(For the "meat" of the subject you could skip directly to the
paragraph "THE DILEMMA".  Below I add some context to it.)

    As I've mentioned yesterday in the thread <<Which camera brand
would you choose, if you started from scratch?>> I currently own a
new-ish Pentax K-30 and an old FujiFilm FinePix S5600 / S5200.

    Although the K-30 serves me well, it fails to completely replace
my Fuji S5600 for a simple reason:  it's too large and heavy to easily
fit into my laptop backpack (especially when I travel without
photography in mind).  (Even the Fuji is at the limit, however I
managed to log it with me almost every day in the last few years, and
everywhere I traveled.)

    Thus I'm looking for a "portable" replacement for the Fuji.  I've
looked at m4:3 (Olympus and Panasonic), Pentax Q, the Ricoh GR / GXR,
Fuji, both fixed and interchangeable lenses, etc.  I've even looked at
point-and-shoot from various manufacturers, (including Pentax,
Olympus, Nikon and Cannon) which I've disregarded due either lack of
manual control or too small sensors.

    All (except the P&S) were nice and compact replacements, however
they all failed to beat the Pentax-K01 in two respects:  they are more
costly (at least in my country), and they don't take K-mount lenses of
which I already have two.

    == THE DILEMMA ==

    Therefore my question (or questions) is:  is there any chance that
a K-mount mirrorless will appear in the "near" future (i.e. 6 months
till it hits the shelf)?  Or should I buy the K-01 while it's still
available in stock (I know it's out of production)?

    Or have I missed something which advises against the K-01?  (I
must note that I haven't read too many reviews...)

    Feedback is much appreciated,
    Ciprian.