On 10/21/2013 9:28 PM, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:
     == THE DILEMMA ==

     Therefore my question (or questions) is:  is there any chance that
a K-mount mirrorless will appear in the "near" future (i.e. 6 months
till it hits the shelf)?  Or should I buy the K-01 while it's still
available in stock (I know it's out of production)?

     Or have I missed something which advises against the K-01?  (I
must note that I haven't read too many reviews...)

The only thing that I don't like about K-01 is that you cannot attach a EVF to it - you absolutely have to focus/compose by the screen. In the bright light this may prove an issue. You could buy this accessory that attaches to the back of the camera and blocks the stray light, but it would make your camera significantly bigger.

Beside that - if you can handle the ergonomics - it's fine.

I don't grok though why you have so much trouble with using your Pentax lenses on other cameras. All mirrorless (or most of them) cameras can be used with Pentax lenses via adapter. I have one such adapter for Leica M-mount, so that I can use my A50/1.2 on Ricoh GXR. You still get focus peaking and semi-auto mode (you set aperture on the lens, camera sets the rest - shutter speed and ISO). It works really well.

As for your original question - I couldn't possibly tell whether a follow up to K-01 will come. I would say that it is possible but with rather low probability but it is just a guess.

Boris