Press and hold the Alt key while adjusting the Radius.  It will show a
high-pass looking overlay that shows the edges in the picture.  As you
slide the slider, the overlay will show you the effect of the changes.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com

Aloha Photographer Photoblog