on 2013-11-18 16:40 Igor Roshchin wrote
I thought I would ask the gurus of digital processing here on PDML about
this first. When you sharpen images, how do you choose the "Radius"?

the principle is to sharpen the details you actually want to output

these days i usually do it seat of the pants — since i rarely print i simply zoom to the screen size i have in mind and work from there by eye; if i later export the image at a different size, i redo the sharpening

for print, in my prepress days, we would first resample the image to the intended output (at a ppi double the halftone lpi), then it would still be a judgment call based on the image; here is a decent article that expands on that concept with some specific recommendations for print vs. screen

<http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/image-sharpening.htm>