On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>    Does it sounds crazy? :)
>
> It's a bit over the edge. In my opinion, a  trained eye can probably do a
> better job of image evaluation than can any software.

    Indeed a trained eye (and brain) would be able to make a more
informed decision than a simple-minded algorithm.  However even the
eye must use some tools in its assessment.  For example a person uses
eye-glasses to aid sight, and this is exactly what I'm trying to find:
 a special pair of "eye-glasses" that highlight which parts of the
image are in focus, etc.

    I don't necessarily want a solution that spits out a number and
says "photo (A) is 10% better than photo (B)".  I'm just looking for a
solution that "prepares" photo (A) and (B) to ease my evaluation.

    Ciprian.